As we fast approach the end of 2013, we thought we’d end the year with some light-hearted festive fun and list the top 5 employee-related Christmas jokes…Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from all the Employment team at Gateley.
1. What did Santa do with the little helper who was on long term sickness absence? He sent them to the Occupational Elf.
2. An employee worked at the Christmas fun fair on the waltzers. He was dismissed so he decided to sue for fun fair dismissal.
3. The Retail Manager asked the sales assistant, “What misconduct are you charged with?”
“Doing my Christmas shopping early” replied the sales assistant.
“That’s no offense” said the Retail Manager. “How early were you doing this shopping?”
“Before the store opened” said the sales assistant…
4. An employee went to see Santa at his grotto. Santa asked the employee what he wanted for Christmas. The employee asked for help with his hearing. Santa placed his hands on the employee’s ears and muttered a Christmas tune. Santa asked if that was any better, the employee said “I don’t know, the hearing isn’t until next week”.
5. Santa was very cross. It was Christmas Eve and nothing was going right. The elves were complaining about not getting paid overtime. The reindeer had been drinking all afternoon and the sleigh was broken. Santa was furious. “I can’t believe it!” he yells. “I’ve got to deliver millions of presents all over the world in just a few hours – all of my reindeer are drunk, the elves are on strike and I don’t even have a Christmas tree! I sent that stupid little angel to find one hours ago! What am I going to do?” Just then, the little angel opens the front door and steps in from the snowy night, dragging a Christmas tree. “Oi fatty!” she says. “Where d’you want me to stick this?” And thus the tradition of angels atop the Christmas trees came to pass.